Weston Middle Delayed Openings
Weston Public Schools typically have a one, two, or three-hour delayed opening (due to weather, staff development, etc.). Children cannot arrive more than 15 minutes prior to the delayed start time because there will be no supervision until then.
School Hours for Delayed Openings:
- 1 hour delay: 8:45 am to 2:30 pm
- 2 hour delay: 9:45 am to 2:30 pm
- 3 hour delay: 10:45 am to 2:30 pm
Weston Middle Early Dismissal
Planned early dismissal days are noted on the district calendar. The time for early dismissals listed on the school calendar (for staff development, conferences, etc.) is 11:45 a.m. There is no lunch time scheduled on these days.
Any unplanned dismissals (due to weather, etc.) are typically one, two, or three-hour early dismissals. At the beginning of the school year, parents/guardians will be asked to file an emergency dismissal plan for their child with the school. Also note that on a 2 or 3 hour early dismissal there will be no lunch time or lunches served.
School Hours for Unplanned Early Dismissals:
- 1 hour early dismissal: 7:45 am to1:30 pm
- 2 hour early dismissal: 7:45 am to 12:30 pm
- 3 hour early dismissal: 7:45 am to 11:30 am
The decision to call an early dismissal due to weather is made with enough advance notice to mobilize the buses for all Weston schools. In the event of an early dismissal, you need to know the following information:
- Children will go home on their regular buses unless they have a note for that day that tells us they have a change in plans.
- All after-school activities are canceled.
- The building is closed to all after-school programs..
It is rare that school is dismissed early without prior notification. Announcements will be made on several radio and television stations, our school information line and website will be updated, and a SwiftK12 alert will be sent prior to sending the children home. If school is closed, dismissed early, or delayed for any reason, you can find out by:
- Subscribing to SwiftK12 alerts
- Visiting the district’s website: https://westonps.org/
- Calling the district information line at 203-221-6550
- Listening to local radio and television stations or visiting their websites