College REPRESENTATIVE Visits
Each year about 200 college admissions reps visit WHS in order to share information about their institutions with juniors and seniors. Please visit Naviance for the most up-to-date schedule of visits.
You may miss class to attend these visits, but we have new steps in place to ensure there are no attendance issues. Reps will begin visiting WHS on Sept. 9, and I want to remind you about the new procedure to sign up and attend.
- All students must sign up electronically in Naviance at least 24 hours before the scheduled visit. If you sign up but can no longer attend, please cancel your registration so we can plan accordingly.
- Any student who will be missing a class must get their teacher's permission at least 24 hours before the visit, have their teacher sign a Colleg Rep Visit Pass (do not wait until the day of the visit to get their signature) and bring this pass to the visit. Students who have a class that period and arrive without a pass will be sent back to class.
- Passes are available in the School Counseling Office and students are encouraged to pick up a bunch of blank ones at the start of the school year to have on hand when they ask their teacher's permission.
- Students who have a free period do not need a pass.
- This year, rep visits will be 30 minutes long and will take place during either the first or second half of a class period. Students attending visits during the first half of a class period will return to class when the visit is over and students attending visits during the second half of a period must go to the first half of their class.
College rep visits are a great way to learn more about a college, meet the admissions rep who will most likely be reading your application and demonstrate interest in an institution. We hope you will take advantage of this wonderful opportunity!