What is the schedule for the library use?
- The LRC is open daily 9 to3 . Students please remember to sign in if you are not with your class.
- 3rd grade classes are scheduled for one 30 minute lesson per week and one 15 minute block for book exchange. The two activities may be scheduled for different days.
- 4th & 5th grade classes have scheduled 15 minute visits once per week for exchange of recreational reading
- Classes may schedule lessons at any available time in either the LRC classroom, Main room, or their classrooms
- The facility is available for presentations and meetings
Who is available to help in the LRC?
- Mrs. Helen Knudsen, Teacher
- Mrs. Kristin Everett, Aide
- Parent Volunteers
What are the circulation policies?
- Students and staff may check out and return books at any time the library is open if they have no overdue materials
- At the beginning of the year third graders check out one book for one week. Borrowing privledges are gradually extended as students demonstrate responsibility
- Students may check out 5 print items at a time
- Students may have a total of 7 items out at a time
- Students may not check out materials if they have an overdue item
- Most books are checked out for one month
- Periodicals, Almanacs, Atlases, various reference books, Waldo, and I Spy are checked out for one week
- One renewal is allowed
What if a book is lost or damaged?
- Patrons may not borrow materials if they have an overdue item (we will hold items for one week)
- Replacement cost for hardcover books is $20.00, paperbacks is $10.00, periodicals is $5.00
- Money will be gladly refunded if the item is found
- Please don't replace titles as we purchase special bindings when possible
What about volunteers?
- Volunteers are welcome to schedule a time to come help in general or to assist when their child's class is scheduled to come
- The PTO representative who handles LRC volunteers is Mrs. Tanzer
- Teachers arrange, through room parents, for volunteers to help during research projects
- Special talents like artistry and computer skills are appreciated for displays and projects