The Physical Education curriculum at Weston Intermediate School is designed to promote the importance of a physically active lifestyle through games and sports. The main objectives of our physical education program are to:
- Provide physical activity experiences that are enjoyable and enhance the student's confidence in his/her physical ability.
- Provide a percentage of the student's recommended weekly amount of physical activity.
- Develop skill competency that is age appropriate.
- Explain the health benefits of a proper physically active lifestyle.
- Integrate the behavioral and social skills needed to comfortably engage in sports and games.
- Promote student's participation in physical activities in school, community and home settings.
At the intermediate level we continue to emphasize strength, endurance, coordination and weight transfer while gradually incorporating these basic skills into specific sports and game related activities. The units that are taught throughout the school year are fitness, football, soccer, project adventure, volleyball, basketball, floor hockey, rhythm and dance, tumbling and gymnastics, team handball, softball and track & field.