2018-2019 Midterm & Final Exam Schedule
Below is the anticipated midterm exam schedule for the 2018-2019 school-year.
Please note, these dates could change if there is a school cancellation between now and the exam dates.
End of Semester Examination Schedule
- Students must take exams at the scheduled day and time. Exceptions to this will be made for compelling reasons only, and requests for exceptions must be made in writing by parents to Mr. Filip (last names A-L) or Ms. Givoni (last names M-Z) no later than Friday, January 11th.
- If students are ill on the day of an exam, their parents must call the Attendance Line (203-221-6501) to report the absence. Calls must be made by 7:30 am. Students are not allowed in the building on days that they are excused from school due to illness. Students excused from the first exam are not allowed to sit for the second exam that day, and vice versa.
- If students miss an exam for a valid reason, they must contact their teacher in a timely manner (within 24 hours) to schedule a time to make up the exam. Only students with excused absences will be allowed to reschedule their exams. Two make-up exam periods are scheduled for this purpose.
- Students who are tardy will not be given extra time for the exam. Students who are more than fifteen minutes late for the exam will only be admitted to the exam with the permission of the teacher and an administrator.
- If there are snow days before or during the examination period, the exam schedule will be delayed the same number of days. Please monitor your School Messenger alerts, tune in to the local radio or television station, and/or consult the website: www.westonps.org
If there is a delayed opening on an examination day, the schedule will be as follows:
1st exam – 9:45-11:35
Lunch Break – 11:40-12:35 *Lunch will not be served. Students should bring their own lunch from home.
2nd exam – 12:40-2:30
- Exams will be given in the room where the class normally meets.
- In order to provide a quiet atmosphere for exams and study, no student will be allowed in the corridors during examination periods. Students may not loiter in the academic hallways during exams, even if they have a free period.
- Students are not required to report to school unless they have a scheduled exam. Students in the building without a scheduled exam are restricted to the following areas during testing: the Library for silent studying, the Cafeteria for quiet studying, the Galleria for quiet socializing, and the Courtyards for quiet studying if weather permits.
- Students are required to stay in the examination room until the bell sounds indicating the end of the exam. NO ONE is to be dismissed early. Students should bring appropriate reading material in the event that they complete their exam before the allotted time.
BUSES, CAFETERIA, EXAM GRADES, SECOND SEMESTER
- Buses will depart on the first three exam days at 12:05 PM to take students home. On the final two days, buses will depart at 9:45 am.
- The cafeteria will be open for breakfast and snacks each day.
- Midterm examinations for a semester course account for 20% of the final course grade; exams for a full year course account for 10% of the final course grade.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 will follow the regular schedule (D Day) and will be the first day of the second semester.