Each year Gr. 2 students look forward to several special events.
- Students and parent volunteers work together to learn about saving the earth by planting annuals to beautify Hurlbutt.
Mexican Performance/Art Show
- In May, students show off their Mexican artwork and their beautiful voices through Spanish songs.
- In June, students, staff, and parent volunteers enjoy a day of athletics, games, and snacks with a Mexican theme.
Transition Visit to WIS
- In June, students visit and tour WIS to prepare them for the next step of their school career.
Grade 2 students participate in several field trips each year as they study about change and continuity in Weston.
- Hurlbutt Street Schoolhouse - visit a one-room schoolhouse from the 1800s to learn about school in the 1800s.
- Coley House - explore a vintage home and barn to learn about life in the 1800s.
- Devil's Den - travel back through time to learn about the important activities that went on in Devil's Den and their importance to Weston in the past.
- Old and New Post Offices - send a letter from the old post office and see how the new post office works.