Criteria for Independent Evaluation
Consideration of individuals for independent evaluation will be based upon the criteria established below. Offices of recommended evaluators must be within 60 miles of Weston unless otherwise authorized by the Pupil Services Office.
In order for the school system to fund an independent evaluation, the evaluator must agree to abide by the following criteria:
1. Submission of resume/applicable license to Pupil Services Office.
2. Consultation with school staff.
3. Classroom observation if indicated by PPT.
4. Rating scales/checklist to be completed by school staff and parents as determined by PPT.
5. Timeline for completion agreed upon (45 school days or less preferred). Appointment scheduled for evaluation components sent to district.
6. Recommendations instructionally based (i.e. can be translated into appropriate IEP goals and objectives), not programmatically based.
7. If requested, the evaluator agrees to a post-evaluation conference with school system representatives and parents.
8. Payment will be issued upon receipt of a full and complete evaluation report by the Pupil Services Office.