The WHS Internship Program is an opportunity for qualified seniors to explore an area of interest and gain work experience outside of the school setting. For the last 4-5 weeks of their senior year, students will leave the school campus to work at approved sites and build upon skills necessary for their preferred field of work. Through this program our seniors develop communication skills, appropriate work attitude, technology skills, and good work habits that will serve them well for life beyond WHS. Although students will not be attending classes, all participants are still able to attend all senior activities, including the Senior Class Trip and the Awards Assembly.
What students need to know before they sign up:
- Students need to have good academic, attendance, and behavior standing prior to starting the internship program
- Students are required to work 30 hours per week at the site, in lieu of coming to school.
- Daily journals are to be submitted weekly to faculty mentor
- Time sheets are to be submitted weekly to faculty mentor
- Personal reflections are to be submitted prior to internship and then after internship
*If you are interested in this program please talk to your school counselor for more information