The school nurses’ role is to promote the physical and mental health and well-being of all students within the school setting including the following:
- Provide nursing assessments and interventions for students.
- Provide health and development screenings.
- Identify students with existing and potential health problems including those who are not accessing primary health care services outside of school.
- Refer identified students and their families to appropriate sources of health and social services within the school and community.
- Act as a case manager for students with special health care needs.
- Advocate for students and families with the school and community setting.
- To promote collaboration and communication among families, school personnel and health care providers with the community, including school based centers.
MIDDLE SCHOOL NURSE
Lesley Anderson 291-1550