You MUST use westonps\ in front of your username
All Users - Shortcut to Outlook Web App
1) BLACKBERRY USERS: Blackberry devices must be authorized on the new server before you will be able to use them. Please contact the IT department to schedule a time for this to be performed. Weston Schools Policy only allows the IT Department to assist you with connecting school-owned BlackBerry devices to our Exchange Server.
2) Since the town and the school are now sharing an e-mail server, you will again need to type in "westonps\" in front of your name when logging in using the Outlook Web Access link above. For instance, John Smith would type in "westonps\johnsmith" (without the quotes) for his username.
3) MOBILE DEVICE USERS: The address of the new Exchange Server for purposes of connecting your phone, iPad or other non-BlackBerry mobile device is "wpsmail.westonps.org". Please be aware that Weston Schools Policy will only allow the IT Department to assist you with connecting a school-owned device to our Exchange Server.
4) We have brought a new junk-mail filtering service online to assist us in keeping junk e-mail from arriving in your mailboxes. The service, called "Postini" will allow you to create personalized lists of e-mail addresses which you consider junk along with an ability to create a list of "approved" e-mail addresses which are not considered "junk" by you.
5) If you are using Outlook, you will need to follow these instructions (click here) in order to connect Outlook to the new server.
Outlook Web App Tips and Tricks
We hope you find find Outlook Web App to be intuitive and easy to use.
Here are a few tricks to help you make the most of the program.
- When sending a message to multiple address, you must separate
the addresses with a semicolon (;), not a comma.
- You can file messages by dragging them from the inbox to
- If you use Outlook, your calendar and contacts will automatically
sync with the new Webmail, as will any mail filtering rules.
- By default, Outlook Web App uses a "conversation mode" to group
message threads. This helps you quickly find related messages
(even if they are in different folders). If you'd like to turn off
conversation mode, you can do so by clicking the down arrow
next to "Arrange by:" (above your message list) and clearing
the check mark next to "Conversation".
iPhone/iPAD Issues: Follow the steps below.
1. Go to "Settings"
2. Tap on "Mail, Contacts, Calendars"
3. Tap on "Add Account"
4. Tap on "Microsoft Exchange"
5. Enter full email "email@example.com"
6. Enter Domain "westonps"
7. Enter Username "yourname"
8. Enter Password "yourpassword"
9. Tap "Next"
10. Wait for the next screen to appear
11. Enter Server "wpsmail.westonps.org"
12. Tap "on" or "off" to Mail, Contacts, and Calendars
13. Your done.
Blackberry Users: Follow the steps below.
1. Arrange with the IT Department for an activation password
2. Once you receive your activation password from the IT Department, perform the following steps on your BlackBerry device:
2a. It is strongly recommended that you back up your BlackBerry device using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
2b. On the main screen of the BlackBerry device, click on the Menu button (BlackBerry symbol), then click on Options (icon of a wrench), then click on Advanced Options, and finally click on Enterprise Activations.
2c. On the Enterprise Activation screen, type in your e-mail address. For the password, type in the activation password you received in step 2 above.
2d. Click on the Menu button (BlackBerry symbol), and then click on Activate.
2e. The screen should display a series of items that it is activating. Once it is finished, it will display a message "Activation Complete".
3. Your e-mail should begin synching with your BlackBerry device.