National Honor Society
Sydney Girardi, Adviser
NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY TUTORING IN THE
HIGH SCHOOL LIBRARY LEARNING COMMONS
|A Day ||Period 5|
|B Day||Period 2|
|C Day||Period 1|
|D Day||Period 3|
|E Day||Period 6|
|F Day||Period 7|
|G Day||Period 8|
|H Day||Period 4|
The National Honor Society is an organization designed to promote and enhance those qualities most highly desired in all high school students. Admission to NHS is open to those junior and senior candidates who consistently exemplify the highest standards of scholarship, leadership, service and character.
The WHS National Honor Society requirements include:
- attending school in grades 10 through 12 (must have been at WHS at least one semester)
- maintaining a cumulative grade point average of 3.75 (on a 4.0 scale)
- demonstrating volunteer or service hours
- preserving an excellent record of behavior in and out of school
- participating in leadership roles in school and/or community activities.
Juniors and seniors who have a 3.75 GPA or higher are eligible to provide additional information for acceptance into NHS in the spring.
In addition to maintaining the standards that earned you your membership, as an NHS member one is expected to attend chapter meetings, perform service projects that benefit our school and community, and participate in NHS activities.
2016-17 NHS Application
(available to qualified candidates)