COLLEGE AND CAREER CENTER (CCC)
Marilyn Moks College and Career Director 291-1668
High School Code 070913
Welcome to the College and Career Center (CCC), your access to an active resource center that works with Guidance to assist students and parents with their post high school plans.
We encourage you to take advantage of our up-to-date library and knowledgeable staff. Our library contains current comprehensive information on colleges, universities, art, music, culinary schools,military, and various other post graduate programs and opportunities. We invite parents and students to make an individual appointment to either begin or continue this process.
A sampling of other information available in the CCC:
- Computer college search program - Naviance
- College information which includes catalogues, view books, guides and interview sheets for all the colleges that have visited WHS.
- Testing information
- The Statistical Report for each graduating WHS class (GPA, test scores, intended majors, etc.)
- Books to assist in writing college essays and resumes
- Guide books and information for students with learning differences
- Contact information from the college representatives who have visited our school
- "Friends on Campus"- a listing of colleges and universities recent WHS graduates are now attending
- Scholarship and Financial Aid information and guides
- Summer Opportunities
- Community Service Opportunities
- Maps pinpointing college locations to aid in planning college visits
- Vocational and Technical Schools
- Military schools and careers
- 13th year/gap year - taking a year off information
- Job Bank Bulletin Board - a posting of various jobs
- Athletic Recruiting information
Fall is a very active time in the CCC. We host over 200 College Admission Representatives, who visit and provide valuable information and are usually the first readers of the student's application. These sessions are open to all juniors and seniors and must be signed up for on Naviance. The list of all visiting colleges in on Naviance, as well as on some of the bulletin boards in the school.
During the Fall, Winter, and Spring we are very busy working with juniors and/or parents to personalize college searches and planning their visitation trips.
In the Spring we are a resource to seniors in their college decision making process.
Please don't hesitate to call or email Marilyn Moks for further information at email@example.com or 203-291-1668