Welcome to Weston High School.
Please click here to begin the new student registration process.
If a student is new to the community, the school he/she last attended should be requested to forward the student's record of grades and test scores, health records, and any other data which will be helpful to the counselor who will assist in deciding a program of study. An interview should be arranged prior to the opening of school in the fall. Generally, a guidance counselor is available throughout the summer.
GRADE 9 ORIENTATION
The Grade 9 Orientation Program is designed to assist in providing the foundation for a successful high school experience. Students, when aware of expectations, opportunities, and responsibilities tend to make good decisions in their lives, both in and out of the classroom. Desired outcomes of the orientation program are:
- The student will know his/her counselor and recognize how, where, and when help is available.
- The student will be able to recognize key individuals in the school and their roles, i.e. principal, assistant principal, school nurse, etc.
- The student will think about himself/herself and make commitments regarding expectations he/she has for others as well as understanding the expectations others have for him/her.
- The student will be aware of extracurricular activities available to him/her and will commit to membership in at least one.
- The student will be comfortable with the upper class students and be encouraged to ask for help and direction.
- The student will be aware of Weston's policies and academic expectations: graduation requirements, four-year academic plan, academic records, etc.
- The student will be aware of available opportunities and resources as well as the expectations for good citizenship in the Weston High School community.
Grade 9 students are required to attend scheduled orientation seminar sessions with their counselor and invited adult and student participators. A follow-up session will be scheduled at the end of the second marking period to update the four-year academic plan and make decisions regarding course selections for sophomore year.
Please click here for health forms.